About Our School
VISION At Prairie View, our vision blends high expectations, actively involved parents, effective, creative teachers, collaborative school/community efforts, and confident, successful children.
MISSION The mission of the Prairie View Elementary School is to ensure a safe, caring, enjoyable learning community which provides a challenging curriculum that links varied student-centered opportunities for demonstrating competency by applying basic and advanced skills, creative thinking, participation in life skills, and developing positive, life-long habits and attitudes towards learning in their world.
- Staff and parents need to collaborate and participate together for the child to be successful.
- Teachers need to use up-to-date best practices in the classrooms.
- Staff and parents must model life skills and students must participate in life skills to create a better world.
- Staff and parents need to work diligently at assisting students to develop their highest levels of academic, social and emotional growth.
- Students need to have a safe, orderly, caring and congenial climate at school in order to achieve their potential.
- Students must reach the Indiana state standards (or beyond them) inorder for adequate academic growth to occur.
- Students need opportunities to think and work critically and creatively.
- Students need to be active participators in the learning process and develop their skills across curricular areas.
- Students can benefit academically, socially, and emotionally through experiences available to them in extra-curricular activities.